Date: Fri Jul 27 2001 – 12:27:45 EDT
From: “CSVI/GPDI” <email@example.com>
To: firstname.lastname@example.org dll
Subject: [URGENT CALL FOR INTERNATIONAL SOLIDARITY WITH the People’s][ Resistance in Indonesia and Aceh!]
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2001 14:35:26 +0200
CSVI/GPDI Coordinationgroup for Support the People’s Resistance in INDONESIA/ Support Movement for Democratization In INDONESIA URGENT CALL FOR INTERNATIONAL SOLIDARITY WITH the People_s Resistance in Indonesia and Aceh!
Denpasar, 27 of July 2001
Wita, an activist from Aliansi Anti Orde Baru, began with hunger strike action to protest Anti-Militarism in Indonesia at front of the University of Udayana _Bali on 27 July 01. This Protest Action is also for solidarity action with FDRA (Acehnese Democratic Peoples Resistance Front) and SMUR (Students Solidarity with Aceh People) to campaign for free of 17 members of FDRA, when they arrested last week in Aceh, and the victims of fire bombed by thugs on July 22 in Lampung. The solidarity action of Wita having support from another Students organization to begin with the hunger strike action:
- Eka Cahya, Castro Fernandez, Gentry de Amalo from Badan Aktivitas Mahasiswa untuk Pembebasan Rakyat (BAMPER),
- Gede Sila Arjana and Dwi Condro (Gerakan Pemuda Kerakyatan / GPK-Bali),
- Ito, Kalang dan Ojon Nonubusa (LMND Kupang)
- Aceh People’s Democratic Resistance Front (FPDRA) is an open mass organization. FPDRA was established in Banda Aceh on March 3, 2001 in its 1st Congress. This Congress, also called the Unification Congress, was participated by several student and youth organizations, namely Student Solidarity with the People (SMUR), Communication Means of Student Action of South Aceh Youth (WAKAMPAS), Al-Muslim Student Movement for the People (GAMAUR), and Action Solidarity of Nusantara Aceh Students (SAMAN). These 4 organizations subsequently agreed to fuse into one trans-sectoral mass organization in Aceh.
- 17 members, including Kautsar, of the Acehnese Peoples Democratic Resistance Front (FPDRA) and other democratic organisations were arrested in Banda Aceh last week. The names of those arrested are: Thamrin Ananda – FPDRA Secretary-General, Amri, Ari Maulana, – LBH Banda Aceh lawyer and the legal counsel for Kautsar, Rufriadi, SH – LBH Banda Aceh Director, Hendra – FPDRA Banda Aceh, Zamzani – SMUR, Banta – Coordinator of the command post, Adi – FPDRA, Plaza Rizal – FPDRA, Mahmudal, Chairperson SMUR , Iskandar – KOMPOS, Dedi – KOMPOS, Bahktiar – LBH employee, Jakfar – SPKP, Unidentified youth sitting at LBH bus stop plus several unidentifie visitors to command post
- Lampung, Sumatra: At 4.00am July 22, a hunger strike protests in the Sumatran town of Lampung was fire bombed by thugs. The thugs, suspected to be military in plain clothes, threw petrol into the tent in which the hunger strikers were sleeping and then somehow set alight to the tent. The tent, floor coverings and bags inside the tent immediately burst into flames.
The People in Indonesia and Aceh are getting more and more conscious of abuses of exploitation of Imperialist collaboration and are calling for hand in hand fighting for the freedom of all oppression people in Indonesia and for the Right of self-determination of Aceh.
In according to support of our urgent actions from Indonesia! We, CSVI/ GPDI, will likes a greatly possibly for International Solidarity Actions to Support the People’s Resistance in Indonesia. Because is also very important demands of this support for DE-MILITARISATION IN INDONESIA and for SUPPORT OF REFERENDUM FOR ACEHNESE PEOPLE IN ACEH.
URGENT ACTION !!!
A BOYCOTT OF EXXON MOBIL, production operations of America’s biggest gas company, IS also FOR A BOYCOTT OF the Indonesian state oil company, PERTAMNINA in Aceh.
STOP MILITARY OPERATIONS IN ACEH!
BOYCOTT OF ARMS TRADE TO INDONESIAN REGIME!
REPEAL OF ARMED FORCES TO INDONESIAN SOCIAL/POLITICAL LIFE!
ABOLISHING CORRUPTIONS, COLLOSIONS AND CONGLOMERATION!
DECREASE OF PRIMARY PEOPLE_S NEEDS PRICES!
INVESTIGATING OF ALL OWNERSHIPS OF SUHARTO_S CHILDREN,
MINISTER_S CHILDRENS AND OTHERS OFFICIALS CHILDREN!
—– End of forwarded message from CSVI/GPDI ——–